For details on finding St. Paul’s, Minden, please scroll down!
St. Paul’s celebrates Holy Eucharist at 10:30am on Sundays, following the Book of Alternative Services. We enjoy Morning Prayer (BCP) four times during the year.
Sunday Morning Kids Club is offered every Sunday during the service by trained teachers, and the children enjoy a time of spiritual growth and learning. Children are part of the beginning service and then join together for Sunday school. All are welcome.
In 1865, in response to a proposal of the Canada Land and Emigration company, The Church of England in Canada established the Minden Mission. The company agreed to assist in the support of a missionary and that same year the Reverend Frederick Burt was appointed. A native of England, Burt had already served as a missionary in Quebec. Burt first conducted services in a schoolhouse, and about 1868, construction was begun on a simple frame church in the Gothic style.
In 2016 St. Paul’s celebrates 150 years of continuous ministry in Minden! With our sister congregations, we celebrate over 400 years of collective proclamation of the Gospel in Minden and area.
Check out our Facebook page at Anglican parish of Minden, Kinmount and Maple Lake for photos of recent events.
St. Paul’s Anglican Church has been ministering to the people of the Minden area for 150 years. Regular services began on July 16,1866 and has continued to this day as a vital part of the community.
On March 6, 2016 Archbishop Colin Johnson, our Diocesan Bishop, helped us kick off our year of events. On July 10, Archbishop Andrew Hutchinson was our guest preacher, on August 21 Bishop George Elliot and on October 9, Archbishop Fred Hiltz, Canadian Primate. It has been a wonderful year of celebration!
What else is going on at St. Paul’s?
- AA Meetings: Tuesdays at 10:00am and Fridays at 8:00pm in the parish hall
- Bible Study: Wednesdays at 10:00am in parish hall. All welcome!
- Messy Church: The first Wednesday of the month, from 5:30pm-7:00pm
- The 4K “Kool Kids Kooking” Klub: Experienced cooks teach children about food and basic meal preparation, second and fourth Tuesdays, 3:30pm-5:00pm. Please contact the church office for more information.
- ACW (Anglican Church Women): Meetings at scheduled times. Please contact the church office to learn more.
- Community Living Group: This group for challenged adults meets every Friday in the parish hall at 10:00am. The group bakes, performs plays and other activities.
- Good Food Box: St. Paul’s is the pick up location for this program, every Thursday. For more information, contact the church office.
- Thrift Shop: The parish has a thrift shop, that engages all three churches. It is an outreach to the community, and is located at St. Paul, Minden.